Applied Physicist / Engineer III
Enterprise Sciences, Inc., is seeking an experienced experimental physicist/engineer to conduct laboratory research and applied development in an interdisciplinary environment on a full-time basis. The work will be focused on technologies employing optics, lasers, pulsed power, plasmas, and spectroscopy. Candidates should be not only comfortable with the basic tenants of physics and engineering principles, but also capable of applying these principles in hands-on laboratory work to develop specific technical solutions and products. Duties will include the design of new technologies, experiments and hardware, as well laboratory research, data analysis, product development, and input into research proposals. This position has an expected salary in the range of $70,000-$90,000. Exact salary will depend on experience and qualifications. Position is open only to U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
- Ph.D. or M.S. in experimental physics, engineering, or closely related field – preferably in plasma physics, atomic physics, materials science, or laser physics.
- Experience with design, fabrication, and operation of experimental equipment.
- Experience with experimental design, execution of experiments, and data analysis of experimental results.
- Experience with scientific programming and numerical analysis.
- Ability to communicate effectively in discussions, oral presentations, and written reports.
- Strong interpersonal skills and initiative; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to perform complex tasks in relevant scientific areas and to lead less experienced employees on semi-routine tasks.
- U.S citizen or permanent resident (U.S. citizens highly preferred).
- Experience with Linux and scientific programming languages such as IDL and Matlab; optical design software such as ZEMAX; and mechanical CAD software.
- Experience with data acquisition methods, software, and instrumentation.
- Experience with mechanical design and machine shop fabrication methods.
- Experience with electronics design and fabrication.
- 4+ years experience
Location: College Park, MD.